I love Girl Scout Cookies! Just about as much as I love lamp. I usually have some major withdrawls in June. I usually buy the husband Tagalongs and me Samoas (although they should be Caramel Delights).
This year, I ended up buying one box of thin mints to use in some desert. The other day, I had a huge hankering for Rice Krispie treats. So after a quick internet search, I found a recipe that is worth posting! My friend has been over twice and the words..."You gotta put these damn things on your blog." Followed by a bunch of ooos and mmmms. These are chocolaty and rich. With a ton of mint flavor. I am so happy with these happiness squares.
Make these with a few of your girl scout cookies!
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
• ¼ cup butter
• 6 cups mini marshmallows
• 7 cups Cocoa Pebbles
• 24 Thin Mints (or Keebler Grasshoper cookies) coarsely chopped
• 1 cups Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips or Andes mints chopped
1. Line 9x9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray
2. IN a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir periodically until melted. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in Cocoa Pebbles and chopped cookies until incorporated.
4. Let sit for 2 minutes. Then add in 1 cup Andes baking chips. Stir until they are distributed.
5. Press mixture into prepared pan and then sprinkle remaining cup of Andes baking chips on top and press into kripies.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
© Kim Bohme and A Bohme Cooked Meal