Although I am not a huge pasta person I really do enjoy spaghetti and garlic bread once in a while. Last summer when we went camping I made spaghetti pudgy pies with garlic bread as the bread. It was so delicious instead of the hot dogs you typically eat when camping.
Anyways, when I was on Pinterest I saw this recipe and I knew I had to make this fancier version the traditional spaghetti.
Remember that you have to thaw the loaf of dough (found in the freezer section of your grocery store) before making this dish.The bread is crispy and garlicky and the inside was warm and cheesy. It was perfect!
It was quite impressive looking and can easily serve 6-8 people. Most importantly this was super tasty. If I ate pasta on a regular basis I would roll this into the rotation. I will however use this for entertaining friends and family.
Before I braided the bread.
The finished product
Braided Spaghetti Bread
1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed to room temperature
6 ounces spaghetti, cooked
1 cup cooked seasoned ground beef (seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 regular jar thick spaghetti sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 egg white, beaten
1 clove Garlic (Minced)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon butter
2. Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
4. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
5. Drain and let cool slightly.
6. Remove wrap from dough.
7. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough.
8. Mix sauce and meat together.
9. Top with cheese cubes.
10. Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling.
11. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling.
12. Then braid strips left over right, right over left.
13. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
14. Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet.
15. Combine both types of garlic and melted butter, set aside. Take an egg and crack it into a bowl and whisk.
16. Brush bread braid with egg white and garlic butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
17. Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
18. Cool slightly and slice to serve.
© Kim Bohme and A Bohme Cooked Meal